Monday, August 18, 2008

This I Believe

I believe in telling someone directions even if i don't know where the place is. It is an act of kindness. The lost person doesn't know where they are going. the least i can do is give them directions.
What is the worst that could happen? if they get even more lost, they will probably stumble upon someone who knows the right directions. I feel that it shows that I care. I care enough about them that I want to help them. The way they look, with the puppy dog eyes, and their urgency not to hold up traffic in this new jungle, just makes my heart sink. Out of thousands of people, they asked me. It's my obligation to help them. So what if i don't know the place where their going. I just answer with confidence and make sure I don't lead them into deeper back roads.
We are all human. We all need help sometimes. When we do, don't we want someone to be nice and want to help too. So we shouldn't leave our fellow man sweating nervously because they don't know where they're going. Speak with confidence and just make them feel comfortable in this new city, and your kindness will fill you with joy and good Karma.

1 comment:

Ace said...

good start. is there enough possibility in this topic. I think you need to work the idea of being the good guy in perhaps another aspect of "being lost." Where else do we get lost in life? good detail so far.